Let’s Look More Closely At What Teachable.com Is All AboutSo what is Teachable.com? Well, it’s a learning management system provider for online educators, creators, or bloggers. It’s for those who want to create their courses and sell them. It’s an interesting, exciting website where you take your skill, whatever it is, or if you have some amazing knowledge worthy of crafting a course for people, and then you teach them about it. And by doing this, you make yourself some profitable money.
How Much Money Do You Make On Teachable?It varies widely. Your course could earn anywhere from $0 – $40k+ per month. It all depends on your content and marketing strategy. Many course creators will earn $10 – 5k/month, and there are numerous examples of online course teachers earning $10k – $50k per month. If you do want to join, let’s take a look at what is on offer. Look at their landing page first. The website says Teachable is a place to create and sell beautiful online courses. They tell you that your skills are unique and valuable for other learners to benefit from, enabling you to build a great course website. You share your knowledge and get rewarded for it. To make use of this site, the first thing you need to have is some marketable skill or knowledge. If you don’t have a special skill, you might need to educate yourself before you are able or ready to make money on the site. Most people do have some skills. Naturally, people who are excellent marketers, those with a growing social media presence to start with, would more likely have the upper hand as far as selling courses is concerned. If you have the knowledge and the means to create and market an online course of some kind, this website can benefit you, giving you a platform to work from.
Check These Facts Out About Teachable.com
- Can you believe that over 7 million students learn on this site at any given time?
- There are also over 34,000 active courses on the site, which over 22,000 active instructors have designed.
- Over $100 million had already been earned on the site by instructors on Teachable.com. That’s a whole lot of money!
Do You Want a Piece Of This Pie?
- Well, to get started, it’s not that hard. All you need to do is create your page and start designing the courses you have the skills in. An informative video is on-site to help new users understand how Teachable.com works, which you can access from the landing page. But for your landing page, you can design it like a lot of the other landing-type pages. You won’t get a heap of versatility if you were using things like Elementor or Thrive, but you can still use Teachable Builder to customize your landing page, using some basic layouts and colours.
- Users of your page will pay you for your courses. The courses will consist of some lessons that all go together to make a full course. The users would gain access to all the course materials to be able to learn at their own pace. You will notice that you will do a lot of ‘clicking’ and ‘dragging,’ something like using Wix.com or WordPress to build your page.
We Know You Are Dying To Know How Much You Can Earn On Teachable.com!To get started on Teachable.com is free. But you will soon find out that there is not much to be done on the site before you buy your subscription. Look at the Teachable price plans to see which suits you:
Teachable BasicFor $39 per month, you will get the basic package. The company will charge you a 5% transaction fee. They also give you benefits, such as monthly pay-outs, unlimited courses, unlimited video, unlimited students, basic quizzes, unlimited hosting, no fees on free courses, etc. All this is supplied on the larger plans and more, so 5% isn’t bad for a $39/month fee. The basic course is suitable for those who are creating an online course for the first time, and this price makes it affordable for them.
Teachable ProfessionalThe Teachable Professional package will cost you $99 per month. You get all the benefits of the Basic package plus a couple of other things, such as:
- Instant payouts
- No transaction fees
- Advanced reports
- A school or unbranded website that you will be able to customize with your branding
- Live chat
Teachable Business PlanThat is the most expensive package. It costs $499 per month, and it includes all the above benefits of the first 2 packages plus other things such as:
- 100 authors/owners
- Bulk student enrolments
- Custom user roles
- Manual student imports
What Other Teachers/Developers Are Charging For Their CoursesIf you enquire, you will find some awesome stuff. Look at the one guy who was offering a course on how to become a VR developer. He was charging $297. What about this one? – A course on watercolour art for $67. And this one — A cake-making course with prices ranging from $25 to $147. That’s good money! Naturally, with all the different varieties of courses, there are going to be different amounts for different courses – all depending on what they are and the materials that are available for the prices. Sometimes teachers are seen to offer free courses or two to give their users a bit of a taste of what is on offer. That’s not a bad idea if you look to get more attention and show your users what you have to teach them. What you could also do is, for instance, offer your course at, say, $97 and then set a timeline where the price will go up to $197. That price increase will be quite the incentive for users to join earlier than later! So actually, yes, you can earn quite a bit on the Teachable.com site – maybe six figures a year. The challenge is actually to get web traffic to y our web school. To make income even better, you could also find affiliates for your courses too. If you find people who want to make money by promoting your business,’ this is a possible way to make money on Teachable.com.
The Cons Of Selling Your Online Courses On Teachable.com
- Unfortunately, Teachable is not something like a side hustle that you can work on in your spare time. Because it charges you a monthly fee to use the site, you need to hit hard to make it work, and as we said above, you need to drive traffic to your online courses.
- You also need to offer marketable knowledge to your students on your site that causes them to want to pay you for what you can teach them.
- You need to spend time building your course and designing your page, creating incentives for the people who want to sign up. You might even have to develop free courses so that people become interested.
- If you are the right person for this, it can be a gold mine. But if you are more passive about it, and your course sits quietly on Teachable.com, you probably will find it a recipe for non-success – a whole lot of paying out monthly fees without making any revenue.
- If you don’t have a huge social media following or have a bit of an audience who is paying for your courses, you need to be ready to work for your success on Teachable.com. You are going to have to grind hard for it to get it to work for you.