blackheads l how to get rid of blackheads l blackheads removal l how to remove blackheads l blackheads on nose Looking and feeling great helps us boost our self-esteem and power on through life. Good grooming and presentation can help us project a positive image to ourselves and the world, and doing so requires a bit of time and attention. For this reason, having blackheads is a source of frustration. It doesn’t have to be this way. Blackheads can be removed by following a number of simple steps, and in this article, we present some tried and tested methods that have helped scores of people to clear their skin and look fabulous!
What are blackheads? Blackheads are a form of acne which forms when a skin pore is clogged with oil or dead skin cells. It sounds ghastly, and it looks ghastly. The acne is known to turn black because the contents of the congested skin pore are exposed to oxygen. This pore is said to ‘oxidize’ and subsequently turn black. The darkness of the acne makes it far more visible on the face, and anyone who suffers from blackheads would like to remove them as quickly as possible.
blackheads l how to get rid of blackheads l removal l how to remove blackheads l on nose
- Harsh scrubs or cleansing grains? Many people attempt to remove blackheads through harsh scrubbing. This method is tempting and can include the use of particles such as nutshells, sugar, salt, or beads to scrub off dead skin cells physically. However, this method can irritate the skin, especially when using excessively abrasive formulas or applying too much pressure to the area. Thus, while it may remove the blackhead, it could cause painful and visible trauma to other areas of the skin. Instead of using harsh scrubs, dermatologists suggest using some exfoliants but use more gentle options. These gentle options include rice powder, which can polish away dirt, dead skin cells, oils and impurities, and will flush out the pores without causing the irritation that comes with harsh scrubbing.
- Skin gritting ( Do & Don’t !) If you have battled against blackheads recently, and if you spend time on social media, you have probably come across a method called skin gritting. Countless photos and videos show people massaging their skin with oil before applying a clay mask. They then go over the blackhead with oil a second time. Once this process is complete, black bits are seen to be extracted from the affected area, and this appears to be a blackhead disappearing from the skin. However, this may not be the case. Experts suggest that the black bits may just be dead skin mixed with the clay that is being used. The method itself is not harmful, according to dermatologists. The weakness with this method is that even though it may prove successful in some cases, double cleansing can strip the skin of moisture, which can lead to other skin problems.
- Consider Daily Treatment Pads Chemical exfoliants are not everyone’s first option when it comes to removing blackheads. People with sensitive and acne-prone skin are known to avoid using them. What has been discovered, though, is that some exfoliants can be gentler to the skin than scrubs. For this reason, many experts recommend the use of daily treatment pads with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or those with beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs)
- Use a Night-Time Topical Retinoid Topical retinoids encourage cellular turnover. That means that they can decongest skin pores and help prevent the formation of future blackheads. As a bonus, topical retinoids also fight blemishes and wrinkles. Topical retinoids are therefore recommended for the fight against blackheads, but it is important to keep something in mind. Retinol can cause photosensitivity, so reach for a night-time formula that works while you sleep. Also, apply a broad-spectrum lotion in the morning with a minimum SPF 30 + to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Are Pore Strips helpful?
blackheads l how to get rid of blackheads l blackheads removal l how to remove blackheads l blackheads on nose Pore strips do help but beware. Pore strips allow you to attack the blackhead, tear it off and see the annoying little critter on the back of the strip. This will make you feel good, as you watch the ugly blackhead on the strip, and not on your face. Your feelings of satisfaction will be short-lived, however, because experts tell us that pore strips are only a temporary solution. Pore strips do not do anything to prevent blackheads from returning in the future. Therefore, it is imperative that you use one of the other methods mentioned in this article, which offers a long-term solution. Furthermore, pore strips use a powerful adhesive, and this can create problems, especially for people with sensitive skin.
- What about Clay Masks? One weapon that has been used in the battle against blackheads for a long time is clay masks. So, are they effective? The short answer is yes. Many dermatologists recommend applying clay masks that can be used weekly. One particular type is Bentonite clay, which is a powerful detoxifier that is famed for its unusual skin-cleaning powers. The mineral-rich Bentonite clay attacks what are known as the four main causes of skin acne; oil production, bacteria, dead skin cells, and clogged pores.
How does it work? Basically, when the clay is mixed with water and applied to the skin, it will act as a magnet and draw impurities out of the pores. Also, the mild exfoliating properties help lift away dead skin cells from the area.
- Think long-term The key to removing blackheads is to think long-term. As we have discussed already, there are many methods for removing blackheads, and all of them are effective. However, some may only offer short-term success, and you will be left with the task of dealing with the blackheads all over again. For that reason, it is worth investing the necessary time and effort to create a long-term solution to removing blackheads and giving yourself clear, healthy skin.
- Salicylic acid Salicylic acid is regarded as a very effective long-term solution for the removal of blackheads. It dissolves the oil and dead skin, which builds up in pores, and a further advantage is that it can be purchased without a prescription. Salicylic acid can be used on a daily basis to help keep pores clear.
- Don’t sleep on it
blackheads l how to get rid of blackheads l blackheads removal l how to remove blackheads l blackheads on nose You’ve been out all night. You had a great time. You’re exhausted but elated, and when you look in the mirror. Your makeup is still on. Do you take it off? Can you be bothered? It takes time and patience, and all you want to do is sleep. You must take off your makeup – no matter how annoying the process is. Dermatologists tell us that sleeping with makeup on is terrible for our skin in general and is one of the primary reasons that blackheads form. Makeup clogs the pores, but it is simple to remove with readily-available cleansing oils. So, take the time to remove your makeup. Prevention is always better than cure!
- Try Tea Tree Tea Tree oil is famed for its health benefits as it possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, it is another powerful weapon in the battle against blackheads. It serves to unblock sebaceous glands, combat breakouts, and remove blackheads in the long-term. To enjoy the greatest benefits from tea tree oil, one tried, and true method is to mix it with apple cider vinegar and filtered water. Apply this formula to a cotton ball and apply it to the affected skin. After you have done this, apply a moisturizer for a home-made toning tonic.
- Home remedies As well as tea tree oil, other natural remedies can be found in the home. Dermatologists suggest using ingredients such as green tea, honey, echinacea, chamomile, witch hazel aloe, lemon, and acidic foods – using different methods to apply each to the skin.
- Seek professional advice As with all medical and health issues, it is vital to consult a professional. Before you take any major steps to fix any kind of personal health issue, contact a professional. In the case of blackheads, visit a GP and/or a dermatologist. Not only will you receive accurate, professional advice, but you will also receive follow up treatments for a long-term solution to the problem, and an expert with years of training in the area will help you to tackle the problem sooner. A medical facial is one specific procedure that is used by professionals to remove blackheads and involves the steaming of the pores. This approach can remove both blackheads and whiteheads. Blackheads can be removed and banished forever. Various methods for their removal exist, and some will be more effective than others. Different skin types will react differently to various approaches, so it is important to find a technique that works for you.
blackheads l how to get rid of blackheads l blackheads removal l how to remove blackheads l blackheads on nose l how to get rid of l on nose
Last but not least As with any health issue, thinking long-term, rather than short-term, is crucial, and taking the time to establish an effective routine will pay dividends in the end. Furthermore, a consultation with a medical expert will ensure that you remove the blackheads safely and properly and that you achieve clean, healthy-looking skin.